Sunday, December 25, 2005

Christmas in Narnia

I never knew what the story was all about. I had not even heard of the title 'Narnia' before. It was obviously less popular than books from my favourite childhood author, Roald Dahl. Initially I thought Narnia was a girl's name, and apparently, it could be a story about her. I was totally wrong. It's a place, a place of illusion, a place where animals talk, a place where the human does not exist and a place of fantasy dominated by an evil queen. As the norm goes, triumph over evil.
I think it's a perfect show for this festive season. The snowy feel gives you a false but pleasant experience of celebrating a snowy christmas.
It was as if that the movie had not provided much fantasy such that we continued watching a play of Narnia at Faith Methodist Church. Can I say I captured my missing childhood within a few hours? Not only that, life became a fantasy which did not last long, but long enough to run away from reality. A christmas spent in Narnia, indeed.