Star Awards.
It was draggy, surely. However, the 4 hrs gig had encompassed kinship, love and the strong bond of friendship. Annually, the celebrities would thank their mummy and daddy, kids, ah gong, ah ma. How often do we see these at other award ceremony? Forget about the grammy, the westerners are unexpressive people, but what about Eastern golden horse award? Those they thank are directors and producers, never or seldom next of kins. I thought this award ceremony was so traditional and so singapore. It certainly portrayed our family values and culture.
The concerted effort to make the couple confess had failed again this year. But it seemed that Zoe Tay was persistent. They did it last year and they did it again this year. Oh, why won't they come clean with it and admit generously. Shrug.
The tears that Zoe Tay shed for her good pal and the endless thanks to Kym Ng showed how healthy the competition was. The guest from Hongkong had agreed with that. The situation in Hongkong showbiz is less healthy.
The moon in other countries is always rounder. If you think our hosts - Kym Ng, Bryan Wong, Quan Yi Feng are great, I think Jiao Jiao and Kang Kang are fantastic. Weren't they suppose to give out the awards? They looked like they are hosting the award ceremony though. We enjoyed that part, didn't we?
Lucky won. I thought Jaclyn Tay would win. Not that I think Lucky is no good but Hao Mei Li had left a deep impression in me. Failure in love caused her to eat tubs and tubs of ice cream; the inferiority in her as her look was uncomparable to that of her two sisters; the numerous dates that she attended but only made her hurt and disappointed each time. Of course, she loved to shake legs. I simply like her character so much as it was realistic. She did not win.
I have always enjoyed the variety shows hosted by the trios from U channel. I am always entertained by their humorous style of hosting. It would be good to see all of them get into top 10. Well, life is never perfect. One was left out.
The stars had got their end of year results. Mine will be coming soon... hard luck.