Wednesday, December 06, 2006

DOC.

A few months ago...

Me: Doc, I think you should give me something stronger to apply. The cream you gave me does not really help. The nodule gets thicker. I think sometimes back, a doc in NUH gave me this Diprosalic cream. I think it's quite effective.
(In fact, I bluffed him. The doc prescribed it to my brother. I thought I had suffered similiar skin problem as him. Seeing that the medicine was very effective, I tried to con him to give me a similar medicine.)

Dr Loh: Hmmm... Diprosalic is too strong. Maybe I should get you a jap. The skin will flatten faster. This helps the medicine to penetrate the thick skin. The medicine is the same as what I have prescribed you earlier but I am giving you a jap with it.

Me: Is it effective?

Dr Loh: Yes, of course.

Me: OK!
(Whatever, as long as the skin heals)

Dr Loh: You need to come back a month's time for another jap. You need a few japs for it to fully recover.

Me: Oh, okay.

Months later, today...

Clinic assistant: Any doctor you want to see?

Me: Yah, I want to see Dr Loh.

Clinic assistant: He's on leave.

Me: Okay, any doc then.
(Really, any doc lor! I saw an auntie in white coat)

Auntie in white: What's your complaint?

Me: It's regarding my skin problem. Dr Loh had asked me to come back for a jap.

Auntie in white: I don't think you need a jap. I will give you something stronger... Diprosalic oilment.
(She went busy searching for a sample of it, but she could not find it.)

Me: (I took out the empty tube of sample from my pocket which I brought and intended to get the doc to prescribe me) Is it this one?

Auntie in white: Oh yes! I will give you this one. I don't think you need a jap.

I declare I have the potential to become a DOC! Or is it different doc has different ways of treating their patients? That Diprosalic costs me $15.90 for a small tube. I thought it should be free! Neh, they waive the consultation fee but I still need to pay for the medicine as it is an expensive drug.