Sunday, June 03, 2007

A few pointers.

-I feel so much comfortable working in the production area. The office is so cold (with a pun). The air condition is freaking freezing me. Maybe I was stuck between two air-con, that's why I feel the chill. I smile to some office people, but they remain expressionless. There ain't much chatting in the office. All I can hear is the discussion of work with managers and people on their phone talking to their kids. There ain't jokes. I can't find anything to start a conversation with the people, except for the two married women I tag along with everyday hoping to learn some stuff from them. Other than that, no common topic. I find that the engineers are so NIAO. Has a car, but don't want to drive to lunch, even when it rains! want to save petrol. wtf. Then can go for holiday every now and then. Sibei niao. Another one, buy a big plate of fruits not to share with 5 people at the table but finish it all himself. Nope, he did not try to offer. The operator I did not know very well tried to offer me a big bunch of grapes when I was disturbing another one by stealing her ONE grape. I really didn't want any grapes but she offered me anyway. Such a human touch is lacking in the office.

-I hate it when there are too many cooks as they spoil the food. The manager who is in charged of my activities gave me a project to do. Another kapo manager came along and said I should do this and that, which my manager did not mention anything about it. It's really none of his business you know. And he is bearly there for less than a few months. Trying to show his experience? My manager had an arguement with him over the phone. I heard everything because I was so free and so near. He called him a clown after putting down the phone.

-I passed by Bt Timah Hawker centre just now. I started to have the craving. Anyone? I haven't been there for a long time man. Oh ya, chiam, when is our fun mart(or whatever you call that)?

-I realised I haven't seen many people for quite a long time. The last time I had the excuse of having exams but right now, I am free like nobody business. I think I should make the effort to meet up with people. Youhooo... anyone freee?

- The tuition kid did not do my movie review assigned to him. I thought he would do his homework if I came out with something interesting. He promised one week ago that he would, yet, I was disppointed again. When would he ever keep his promise and do his work? As usual, I made him do the movie review on the spot. He did not know how to spell 'pirates' and 'carribean'. In the notion of 'self-directed' learning, I did not want to provide him with any. I'm not a walking dictionary anyway, so I made him check the dictionary. My heart sank when he wrote, "The Pirate of the Cabinet".