Sunday, January 13, 2008

Back to school.

The last time I felt all jittery the day before school started was probably eons ago. The first day of a new semester seems to be yet another school day and I don't feel that it's a new semester. Maybe it's because we need not get new uniforms, new textbooks, new school shoes and new school bags. Hence, we do not feel that school is starting tomorrow.

Have you, in your memory, tried to skip school on the first day? (I mean at a young age. Not now, of course. I have done that in the last semester and it was no big deal. Oops!) I think I did skipped school when I was in Kindergarten. I threw tantrum and feigned illness. My mum bought me a toy to cajole me. She warned me never to do it again. Maybe, I became good after that but I went to school unwillingly. Haha. And maybe because of that incident, I did not cry on my very first day in primary one. I remember the image of many children crying for their mothers. I'm good! haha. Were you one of those? Better admit hor.

I will miss waking up naturally everyday. I will miss waking up, thinking what to do for the day. I will yearn for the next holiday. Yawn. I will wake up early and be on time tomorrow. I will be a good student. *wink.