Sunday, August 10, 2008

School Starts.

School is starting tomorrow! Yay! I am so looking forward to it. I am taking all engine modules this semester. Double hurrays! I am sure going to like those modules!

Positive thinking, so say zr. I think he is right, we should always be positive.

I have not much of a regret this holiday and dare I say that it is the best holiday I ever have in my university life. I love this holiday.

Apart from the amazing China experience from 12 may to 12 june, there are other events which spiced up my university life.

Let me talk about my China Business Trip first. First of all, I must thank Ms Jog for encouraging me to apply for this trip. Thank you, Ms Jog. I had a small argument with her over MSN on the financial issue. Well, I guess she won. And luckily she won, else I won't have the chance to meet so many great friends (24 of them). And yes, I call them my university friends (and not schoolmates). Also, I won't have the chance to change my perspective of the Chinese and to learn more about their culture. I feel really good to receive an oversea "Happy Birthday" SMS from a Chinese friend whom I made friend with in one of the universities in China. I learnt to toast in their style by banging the cup on the table and then bottom it up. The greatest regret I have is that I did not insist on going to Shaanxi, despite the after shocks from the earthquake, to continue with my Charity work. All the bits and pieces will never be forgotten for I have kept them safely in a corner of my hard disk, DVDs and facebook. (Add me to your facebook using my msn email if you haven't already done so!) In addition, I have produced a video for my trip. If you are interested remember to bug me for the youtube link after 14 Aug (Official release date).


Sometimes, things just happened to fast to bring good memories. The organizer for the summer camp walked past me in the club room one day. He asked me if I'm free and interested to be the student leader for a strength of 37 international students from Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia. Rather than to call myself a student leader, I prefer to call myself a tour guide. I brought them around Singapore and the campus and boy, I was so eager to introduce Singapore to them. Only then did I realize that I know little about my home. I never remembered that Suntec City is built in a shape of a palm with the 5 towers representing the fingers and thumb. I never dreamt of going back to Night Safari again after my last visit at the age of 10. I had my first on the Singapore Flyer, Duck Tour and Luge Ride (Once is never enough!). These students reminded me that I an adult in my twenties and reaching the mid point. I had so much fun with them that tears brimmed my eyes when I had to send them off. I saw two professional tour guides in the extremes - one full of passion and one full of complains for the job. Like what my professional communication course had taught me, I applied the art of empathy during this camp. I did it. It was really nice to hear praises from these kids saying how nice and how good I am as leader. The only regret here is that I did not bring them around Singapore personally after the itinerary for the day. I had to rush off to my diving lessons after that. Therefore, I give myself 80 marks for being a tour guide for the first time.

I had a "little" chance to tekan the freshies in an orientation camp this holiday. Now I know how it feels like to be an old bird. "Little" because I went home halfway on the last day of the camp as I was running a fever. I could no longer 'dong' until the end of the camp. However, this fever led me to another experience, but an unpleasant one.

I had my first lying in an ambulance and staying in the hospital. Staying in the hospital is depressing. Having felt the love from family and friends are encouraging. Lesson learnt: never plan too many activites consecutively in one go to kill yourself.

Due to the prolong fever, I was not able to go for my diving trip. I have paid for it and I have not confirmed when will my next diving trip be. But I must make it happen as it is now or never.

And of course, outings with friends and family are equally memorable. Once again, Hurray for the start of school tomorrow!