Thursday, November 20, 2008

A call.

I think I have a few lengendary friends whom I love to talk to. One of them is a Philippino friend I made during the China trip. I feel as if I am at least 5 years younger when I hang out with him. He never fails to amuse me. Recently, he called me to tell me about his failed confession to a Japanese girl. Of course, I am not amused by this piece of news but rather, by the way he broke the news to me. Despite the failed confession, he wasn't really that upset, or least I felt so, though he kept telling me he was. However, he lost the optimism in him that day. He used to tell me, whenever there is a will, there is a way. Yes, indeed I often witness how he delivers that sentence, but not this time. He is finding it pointless to stay in Singapore and is deciding to fly back to where he belongs. As a word of consolation, I told him he appeals to Phillipino girls more than Japanese girls. Haha. To which, he asked if he should make another confession to another Japanese girl. Clearly, he did not get my message.

It's good to get calls from friends, even if it is out of the blue, who pours troubles to you. I'm glad that I am able to provide a listening ear and that he trusts me that I can share his troubles. A friend in need may not lend a really helpful hand, but one who is able to provide a listening ear, is a friend indeed.