Friday, December 26, 2008

Interesting conversations.

I had a few interesting conversations with 3 people today.

#1: Project mate

He is English speaking and can hardly speak a complete and perfect Chinese sentence. He is bias towards the westerners and he likes to behave like them. He addresses his friends as mates and uses words like 'lovely' instead of 'nice'.

We were talking about our career path and we were talking about big stuff. We analyzed our project mates and how people behaved. I thought it was a mature conversation between the two of us.

#2: Filipino

He never fails to humour me. He always tells me about himself and his Japanese girls. He stays in PGP and almost all the stall holders know him. Very often, they will give him extra ingredients in his orders. He has plans to go back Philippines and he said he will miss PGP dearly. He loves PGP and wishes he could buy a unit there. HAHAHA!

Sometimes, our conversation could be childish but at times it could be about deep stuff! We had a heart-to-heart talk today about who we fancy and who we dislike in the trip. A secret between us, we said.


#3: Malaysian

It is rather difficult to identify him as a Malaysian from his spoken English, but once he starts conversing in mandarin, it is so obvious that he is one. He was an acquaintance who was in the same marketing class as me in year 1. Today, we had a long talk from school to home and I found out he stays in my vicinity. During the journey, I learned more about the culture, education system and security in Malaysia. 身在福中不知福 was what he described us. And I didn't know it is so prestigious for them to have a chance to come over here to study in NUS. I've taken for granted. I feel so blessed now.