Friday, April 17, 2009

Read between lines.

"You have achieved what I have expected you to achieve",says my FYP supervisor.

Interpretation #1: Good! You have met my expectation.

Interpretation #2: You have met the requirements but have not gone beyond my expectation.

Interpretation #3: I have expected that you can only achieve this much.

The presentation today was rather smooth, given that I was assigned an examiner who was damn slack and had no knowledge in the field of my project. He just commented on the marketability of the device, which in my opinion, is not under the scope of the project. I wasn't the one initiating this project you see, my supervisor did. I merely did the project to make a device as proposed by him. He wasn't convinced that people would buy our device. On the other hand, my supervisor was sure that people would buy it. Differing opinions, I supposed. The examiner was damn slack because I seriously doubt he had read my report (which he should) before attending the presentation. Hence, he had no questions for the technical part of my project. And he wasn't paying too much of an attention because he asked me questions that had already been addressed during the presentation. "An interesting project", he commented.

Oh well... It's over. Nevertheless, I would like to thank Uberture and Ohasswhy for their help. Ubertune, thanks for designing the poster! I think it is one of the best posters during the competition. Although I did not win in the competition, I thought my poster was one of the better looking ones around! My project mate even request to keep the poster even though we did not win anything (Ok, a certification of participation) in the competition. The judge seemed to be impressed by the presentation I gave the other day as he had asked me if we were going to patent the product. I guessed he went back and realised that the technology used wasn't that fantastic after all. Well, I don't deny that.

And of course, thank you Ohasswhy for editing my thesis. I know you had a hard time! My Ang Moh is definitely too 'powerful' for you to handle. Hahaha. But I must say you are a living dictionary! hahaha.

Looking back, it was definitely a learning process but I must really say it was pretty torturous, really. It's a boulder put down for the moment.

PS: I just told my friend that the ending of FYP is like the feeling of ORD!