Those were the days.
We had a chat on those days we did our guard duties. The injustice and the fun we had. The secrets that I knew but they didn't. They were revealed. They considered them juicy. They surely were. Til today, I still have flash-backs on those days occasionally. They were indeed memorable. I had a dream weeks ago and woke up and realised that I should have done this and that to get some justice done, after all RSM is my good friend. Ha... But really, if i do approach him, the DO would be in deep shit. It started because of a packet of breakfast. I will never forget that. It followed that because I was a guard com and he was a DO so he can be in that attire and my guard can't. Crap. He last word "You failed as a guard com!" Well, so be it. U failed as a DO. Watch out, don't let me meet you outside. I won't be violence, I will just remind him how he suffered in the hand of S3. Maybe that's why he was mentally unsound. Spit saliva. Though he was hardworking and slogged like a bull, working many overnights, his effort was not distinctly recognised. Serve him right. Anyway, sheer effort does not always earn recognition in the army, carry balls does.
The joy of writing ORD is a form of release. Release stress, release anger and to release fun. Those two jokers got themselves trap in the partitioned section. They got trapped just because of writing 20 March 2005 on the wall. The sliding door just got jammed somehow. Ha ha. Sentry post has been repainted umpteen times. But each time those ORDs just came back. All effort to stop the vandalism wasted. Well done, guards.
The honourable four caught playing mahjong in bunk. How daring! But they deserve credits for the undying passion for mj and their guts. That reminds me: there are many thieves in the world, you and I have been once, but only when you get caught you are officially one. They did pay a price for that. SOL. Anyway, it was a heroic act that added colours to our army life, especially on the eve of SAF day. That day had become more significant.
The reminiscences will linger. The camaraderie will be remembered.