No affinity
Technology seems to be going against me lately. First, my calculator had to break down on the eve of the eve of my maths paper. My laptop had hung days ago but that was thanks to me. I had shifted some files here and there and resulted in the mess. I sent the laptop to school for servicing. I gave up after trying all that I could. I reformatted it. So there goes my configuration. I had to retrieve bit by bit after that. The comp centre staff certainly did not seem professional enough. While one tried to link the domain, the other gave 'I forgot how to' when he asked him. Fiddling here and there, one finally came up with the conclusion that I had bad sectors in the hard disk and need to be changed. Need to be changed? okay, sure. I left the laptop with them. I trusted them. I got my laptop back ultimately within that day. But they had to call me when I was making my way home! Hence, I had to make a detour. However, a question evolved. Did they really change my hard disk? I could not feel it. I did not see it. I did not pay a cent for the replacement. Neither did they asked me for my warranty card. Did they change? They claimed they did. Well, I had to believe them. Even if they did not, I just hope they did not change one lousy hard disk into my laptop and keep the original hard disk. Was it a con, I don't know and I hope not. I just must have some faith in these people although I can't feel their professionalism.
I miss my die-ed calculator. I had used it for a whopping 8 years. I like its terrific function. I had grown so accustomed to it already and it had to die on the day after my programming paper. Curse and swear programming. I think its the rain, must be. I have gone to my neighbourhood bookshop for help. Hopefully, they will call me soon. Good news from the supplier please. The new model sharp calculator lacks many functions. For instance, the comples function which is very useful. So, I am determined to get back the same old model.
Oh to add on, my VCR player had to long old aliment again. It just does not record the sound. It only records the image and the sound comes from the previous recording. Urgh... That's so disappointing when the recording is supposed to be one that you look forward to watching.
All in all, just no affinity with these technology. Cross my fingers, I hope nothing breaks down after this.