Dead Beat.
I just came back from a run. I feel so good now man. It's been quite a while since I ran this long a distance. I like running. Although it's tiring, it's a form of getaway. All you do is run and run and think of anything under the sun. I feel so carefree and relaxed. Yes, you may feel the pain but after running, you feel the sense of fulfillment.
I ran all the way to admiralty and from there met up with lzr and we ran to Mac at SunPlaza. And I thought Mac was so successful. Mac will be the last to go burst should there be a really bad economic crisis. It has very well planned and viable marketing strategies. I am sure the 24 hrs concept will be here to stay. Anyway, after the Mcflurry, I had to make my way back from Sembawang to Marsiling. Oh man, the thought of it made me want to give up. Despite that, I just ran and ran. I ran past woodlands MRT and for once, it was so quiet except for a few youngsters hanging around. I can't help contrasting the image in the day and in the night of the station.
One of the thoughts that came to my mind on my way back was those runs conducted in the army, especially those runs before the army half marathon. Oh come on, get over your army life, most of my fellow campmates would comment if they read this. Somehow, I just can't stop thinking of all these nonsense! It just comes to my mind. I wonder if you all would. The most irony part of these runs in the army was that when you ran past some idiots, like that pang, he would say "Well done, keep it up." Oh indeed they are words of encouragement. How encouraging! It would definitely be encouraging and serve as a purpose should the idiots take the lead. But that was not the case! The fact was they said these to people who had long made a u-turn back to the ending point and laping them for quite a distance. Hence, I would often go "Keep it for yourself" (Of course, I said that after running past them) In addition, I think they should cut the crap of running in pace and sing stupid songs. I never ever believe that promote unity and team spirit. I think it only restricts your movement. So much for my army story again. It's time for bed. My legs can bearly move now, I really need a rest, but I am convinced I will sleep very well tonight as I am simply dead beat, really.