Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Goodbye book.

Finally got rid of my programming textbook. This China guy is really a nuisance. He kept scruntising the book from page one to the last page and from the last page to the first page. He even examined every corner of the book. OMG! I remember when I bought that book from the previous owner, I took less than 1 minute to check and pay for it. Oh well, he took almost forever. Expectedly, he tried to bargain for a lower price. I refused you see. And he realised that there wasn't any writing or hightlights in the book and he was curious to ask why. I mean I would have been more than happy to get such a clean 2nd hand book. (Oops, actually it's third hand or maybe fourth. I don't know. LOL. I hope he won't find out my commercial secret.) Anyway, I told him the truth from the hidden truths, I seldom use it because I rely more on lecture notes. He was so attracted by the word 'notes'. "Can I have your notes together with the textbook as well?" Of course not! I am not going to meet you again and I am not going to dig out those notes from my pile of notes! I may need them was the excuse. He just wanted to get the stuff for a value-for-money price. That is so Chinese. Anyway, he asked loads of questions. I was thinking,"Buy it or leave it." One of the questions was extremely funny. He asked me how to do well for this programming module. I wish I know. Anyway, he wanted an answer so I gave him a politically right answer, "Oh, you must complete all your tutorials and lab assignments." Indeed, I sounded like an expert, but I did not achieve what I told him. He was like "Oh..."