C pa pas.
If you have been wondering what is my title all about, it simply means C++. Pronounce it as it is spelt, because that's how my lecturer pronounces it. It is as though this 5MCs module is not difficult enough, they still arrange such lecturers for us, and each change seems to be worse. I strain my ears every lecture, but really, I still don't understand what the hell they are trying to say. It got worse when there are new terms introduced and you don't even know if they are just C pa pas terms or just some inaccurate prounciations. You just feel the urge to go down and hammer the lecturer. And good news is that I just completed my lab assignment. I did not take one entire day, but I took an entire week, staring into my laptop 24/7. Now my eyes are 'shooting birds'. Each day, before I go to bed, I will think about how to solve that problem in my program and wake up to find myself thinking over the same problem. That's madness.
If you think I am stupid enough not to get help from tutors, then here are the words from them:
1. Use your code in Lab 3, ex. 1 and 4, if you have not done it. You'd better finish Lab 3 first.
(Guo_bin: As if you don't want to finish, don't know how to do how to finish?)
2. Copying assignments (including copying the code in Lab 3 from other classmates) will be punished without any mercy for BOTH parties of copying and being copied. First time: zero mark on the assignment. Second time: fail.
(Guo_bin: See, they are just out to kill you.)
3. Read the announcement and forum in IVLE from time to time, especially before you submit.
(Guo_bin: What for? Got answer meh?)
4. You have only THREE submissions. Because this is a real assignment, there will be not much 'feedback' help. Use the submissions CAREFULLY.
(See what I mean by 'they are out to kill.')
5. Do NOT email the lecturers or tutors to debug your programs. Lab tutors are there to help you, but not to program for you. You CANNOT ask any tutors to program for you or email them outside the lab hours. It is not because the lecturers do not want to debug for you. Reason 1: This is your experience to learn how to program and debug. (Learning through struggling, like practising Kung Fu.) We need to grade you on your abilities to debug, not the tutors' abilities. Reason 2: Fairness. We cannot debug for some students but not the other.
(Guo_bin: What crap reasons?! In short, they meant : WE WILL NOT HELP YOU. I dont't think kung Fu has got anything to do with programming lor. Also, without any manual or master, you will need a thousand years before you can fly like Yang Guo. ANd I don't have a thousand years, you know. I only have 2 months left. Please see my point, Mr PRC lecturer, no link between the two.)
6. Deadline: 6:00am 4th March 2006. NO DEADLINE EXTENSION WILL BE GIVEN.
(Guo_bin: They purposely want you to stay up all nights and do nothing but programming lah.)
Programming and more programming, one file is wrong, and your whole program is not going to compile properly. They are all linked up. 2 more graded labs are still waiting for me. I think I will be staying in school till late for quite a number of days just to do all this shit.
I wish I have the logical mind like 6. My friend is probably right. "Lucky, I do not have friends like you and you do not only have friends like me. Lucky, I have a friend like 6. If not, I can't ask you and you can't ask me. Cos I dunno, you also dunno. All dunno."