Saturday, February 25, 2006

IPPT.


俗语说得好,“平时不烧香,临时抱佛脚。” Hai... I did train but trained last minute, running from woodlands to admiralty (and back) and did some weights. But I must say that their technology is really sophisticated, so much so that there is no chance for you to cheat. Everything is so electronics. The shuttle run requires you to touch the sensor on the floor then dash through the sensor gate, those gates you see at the custom. Yah, that hi-tech. You no longer see any wooden blocks that lie untidily on the floor. Human reaction time is done away. BOO! The sit-up works on sensor just as well. Your back is required to lie flat on this senor-based mat, otherwise no count will be registered. Cool. They even show you the timing and the number of sit-ups you have done on the screen in front of you. No one is needed to count for you and so you can't BA KART with your friend. BOO X 2! Same goes for the standing broad jump, senor at work, no more measuring tape nor 'akaration' by the keeper. BOO X 3! Chin-up, same, and if you did not straighten your arms, sorry no count registered by the damn machine again. BOO X 4! Last one - 2.4km run, running around the track. Wah... the field plus the track look extremely wide to me today. You are required to wear the tag with your 11B/IC attached. They have this speed camera that captures your timing and count down to the last lap for you. All the timing and the laps are displayed on this big screen. Oh man... I think I was running pretty slow, even some uncles overtook me. That's bad. BOO X 5! After everything, your results are printed out with your 11B. Damn hi-tech lor. Unlike the way my unit conducts IPPT, I can only say it's like comparing Timor Leste with Singapore. One is so backward and the other is so advanced. But I still prefer the conventional way my unit conducts IPPT. Wink* You get what I mean. But it's okay, I am determined to get another $100 bucks from the government. MOD, I will be back!

On the latter note, I went to eat dinner with my friend at this Prata shop. I shall declare that I condemn and blacklist the shop. It's just beside third guards camp in Yishun. The Nasi Brayani costs a whopping 5 dollars and it SUCKS. My friend left 3/4 of it untouched and the stall-holder asked was it too spicy? My friend nodded out of kindness. I answered, "NOT NICE LAH!" That's me.