Monday, August 21, 2006

超级任务

Today, I went to this welcome Tea held by this society which my friend is managing as a president. I wasn't there as a member, neither was I there to join the club. I was there to ask him if he wanted a copy of the book that my another friend and I had zapped. In the end, we ended up helping him since his club was new and hence faced a shortage of manpower. He was arranging chairs and that was so totally different from what he told me earlier on... "his role is to delegate tasks". LOL. Well, I lent a helping hand nevertheless. Some potential members strolled in there and then, and I was quick to spot a girl whom I have met quite a number of times at parties.

A party was held annually by my father's good friend. Every year, he would throw a christmas party (Or CNY celebration) at his house and our whole family would be invited. Almost every year, the party would be held without failed. As a child, I love going to the party because there were gift exchange and nice food. There were many people at the party including relatives of his, friends of his and my father's and this god daughter of his. We didn't really know each other but we just see each other during such a party every year. However, as I grow older, I lost interest in it. I didn't attend the party for a consecutive number of years until one year, I learned he had suffered a stroke and was kind of bedridden. That year when he had a stroke, I decided I should go to the party as it was still being organised despite him being bedridden. In my memory, this uncle is kind and love gatherings. He believes faithfully in god. That year(around my ORD), I remember seeing him in a skinny frame on a wheelchair which I could not recognise immediately. The once fit uncle was reduced to bones and he could not speak clearly. He had to be carried onto and out of bed. "Get well soon" was my last wishes for him.

Due to the inconvenience of not having a lift stopping directly at his level, his whole family decided to shift away. He told my father about this plan one afternoon when his daughter helped to make the phone call. My father told him to keep in contact with him should he shift house. Unfortunately, he shifted without a word. My father could not reach him any longer and has since lost contact of him.

Well, today I met his god daughter and I found out he has shifted to his eldest daughter's house. I did not get any contact number from her as I thought I remember my father told me he had called him once before after he shifted and I thought my Dad had kept back in touch with him once more. My thoughts were all wrong. WHen I reached home and accounted my meeting to my dad, he told me uncle did promise to keep in touch with him again once he has settled down in his new accomodation but he has lost contact with him once more. Hence, now I forsee a 超级任务, which I hope it will not be too difficult to accomplish.