Updates.
I do not have anything interesting to blog about but I just want to blog. I just want to get away from staring at the notes and at the tutorials for a while. If staring long enough helps, I will. But sad to say after a long stare, I still could not do it. *Hai I can see that the core modules are getting more and more demanding with more and more hard-to-grasp concepts. Often, I asked myself "Do I regret?" I don't know. Perhaps a few years down the road if I were an engineer then, would I ask myself, if I am not an engineer, what would I be? Yes, there are many regrets in life. I am sure everyone does have. However, most of the time when I was thrown with the question of "Do you regret?" I often console myself that I don't regret anything that I do or say, for if I regret, I would not have done it or said it in the first place. I may sound confident, but it's all bullshit. I do regret, I must admit. Well, and then came along another consolation saying, "Regrets are motivations for you to do better". I certainly hope so.
Core modules tutorial lessons are super duper boring such that we just sit in, listen, copy and then scram off from the tutorial room. In the worse case, the tutor just face the board and talk to the board with no absolute eye contact with us. If everyone is to creep out of the room in the middle of the tutorial, I am not surprise he won't find out. Perhaps he will get a damn big shock after he turns around and find that he is actually talking to no one. That would be fun. Yah, I always indulge myself in these silly dreams which hinders my learning. Haha.
On contrast, the arts module and the business module I am taking are less rigid and I would say more fun. For the arts module, just sit around, joke around and you realise the tutorial has ended! This arts module teaches me how to read the behaviour of a person whom you are talking to and the study of interpersonal skills. A typical example is that when you are talking to someone and he is busy looking at his watch, it just means that he is impatient or not interested with the conversation. And also, how thoughts and feelings influence actions. I guess these are common sense but they are too common for us to take note most of the time. I learned that there are 3 groups of people among us, namely - upper, downer and vulture. Upper is the group of people whom they will say nice and sweet things to you when you tell them your problems. For instance, you say "I think my grades are lousy. I am only at a second class honour." They will assure you that you can do better to get a first class and all other encouraging stuff under the sun. But a downer will say that 2nd class is already very good and you should not expect too much. (between upper and vulture) Vulture will say something hurtful like... "Don't be so hao liao lah! sec upper call lousy." I guess everyone has its own limit and expectations. And close friends who like to monkey around are usually the downer and the vulture.
I wish every other tutorial will be the same as the last business tutorial which we had a great egg challenge whereby we were supposed to construct a holder out of straws to catch a falling egg from 8 feet. Sure, that was fun. Obviously, a number of eggs were broken. (Poor Egg... reminds me of limlooy's bestie. And mine? Haha) Anyway, those people who dropped the egg were damn funny too... Concidentally, one of them is a friend of Egg and ZR. At the very tense moment when he was about to drop an egg, and when the whole room was dead quiet, even a needle dropping on the floor could be heard, he said.. "Pls call 1800-911-6811" And that was when everyone burst into laughter. ZR, I know you are wondering who he is now. A hint.. he always wants to wrestle with you. Got it? Haha. Anyway, I think such nonsense is not going to take place so often, after all it is not a playground.
Okay, back to mugging and hope I get enlighten after this.