TADANO.

I saw this vehicle this afternoon at the vicinity of my house while I was on my way for a swim. I remember those days when I used to sit inside and lift up one vehicle after another, ranging from small landrovers to huge tonners. It was scary at first, but after awhile I felt kinda of fun. During the course of training, we used to play around with this vehicle while the instuctor was not attentive. I remember accelerating the crane so much that it went swinging abruptly from left to right. The red hook went swinging like a pendulum bob. Oops! I almost freaked out. My friends yelled when he saw it. Haha. But trust me, there was no danger, since there were no high rise building around our training ground. Haha. In the end, of course, I managed to steady the hook to a stationary position. I also remember singing“闭上眼睛就是天黑..." after we had put on the hard hat and was ready to mount onto this yellow crane. That was one of the more interesting courses I went to and had a great deal of fun. We had theory lesson for this crane course too. We need to calculate the safe working load that it could carry and the minimum radius before toppling etc. It was kind of complicated you know but we got the gisf of it quickly, so quickly that we always ended lesson way before lunch time. The rest of the time? We went home and RELAX! Haha. The fact that we went home half a day was hidden from the unit. Our feedback to them was "Damn siong lor... " But in fact, it was fun and relaxing. After the course, I missed this Tadano very much. This is because I did not get to operate on it very often as it was seldom brought into the camp. (Budget?*Shrug) The other 3 who went to this course went ORD subsequently and I think they did not get to touch the crane after they finished the course. I was the sole survivor left. I was the only one left with the knowledge of operating this crane. I tried it in my camp but the kick was no longer there for I could not play with it too much as it was often being used for real operation. I could not fool around you know. Haha. Then later on, I had a feel of Tadano's brother-the crane on a ship. Oh man, I was high up in the sky. Despite that, I had the feeling of 万人之上. I certainly felt shiok. Haha. Hence, when ever I see these cranes especially those with the word "Tadano" on its extension, I would remember those days.