Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Feedback from the tutor.

Cross-Cultural Video:

Very creative idea folks! This is the first time I have seen a group use puppets as characters in
the movie. And it was a job well done! Interesting adaptation of the movie Over The Hedge. I
could not see your faces so I can’t say much about your acting. Can only comment on your
voices. The voice-over for Porky the Pig is really cool! (And I liked your inspiring speech!)
And great work for the technical drawings of the escape plan!

There was good coverage of cross-cultural conflict as well, though there was little reference to
Cultural Intelligence. This is a similar problem faced with most groups who were not really able
to bring in CQ concepts and relate it to resolving cross cultural conflict.

Given the original idea I was expecting a really exciting video, but somehow it lacked that extra
punch. A good video needs to be able to capture the audience’s attention and keep them
captivated. I wonder if you agree with me that the movie was lacking in this area. I am not a
professional movie director, so I can only give my one-cent worth of what might have gone
wrong. The movie was a tad too serious, it was not dynamic enough, dialogue could have been
more witty, injecting some appropriate music might liven things up, lots of pauses in between
conversations.

Hope you find the suggestions useful .
Companion Resource Guide:
A well-written resource guide, with good connection to the video. Concepts covered were clear
and carefully explained. And a very professionally done up Appendix with the entire script
(which was thicker than the text ). Overall packaging is to be commended as well! What was
lacking in the resource guide is CQ content (as elaborated above)…
Overall Assessment: 16.65 / 20
Guo_bin: Hmmm... The marks is quite disappointing as we have expected more. Well, but the process was a great one. The four best videos chosen to be shown during lecture were not very fantastic too. I'm not jealous but wait till I find the links and paste them here. But one was damn funny but I could see that it was out of point! I am not sure. Maybe if my video was funnier it could be better. Btw, the technicial drawings mentioned above was done by yours truly. Haha.