Monday, January 08, 2007

Tuition.

My worries were redundant. I thought his mom was that kind of woman who was hard to handle. I went to cut my hair short (Really short) in order to look like a tutor as the first impression is always long lasting. Haha. And also, if I did not cut my hair... what would happen when an Ah Beng meets an Ah Beng? LOL. I have got black hair finally! On the contrary, his mom was very amiable and I talked to her as though I knew her before hand. However, she was damn chiong hei lah. I swear she spoke without any pull-stops and not even commas. She kept talking and talking while I waited for her son to finish bathing. She made it clear that she hoped that I would not leave in any short while as she found finding a tutor a headache for her. She said, “有钱都请不到." I was thinking, for me"没钱都找不到"(I need $ but no tuition). Hence, I was really happy when she said that. It means I might not be dismissed so soon. LOL.

I like teaching my new found tuition kid. I must admit I was so stereotyping initially. That was because I had imagined myself teaching an Ah Beng. As he is from normal technical stream, I imagine him to be one with bloody long hair, highlighted fringes, maybe a pai kia face and all. I'm sorry. I should not have made this perception error. He is very tame as a matter-of-fact and I think his character as he has presented resembles guobin(guobin in I not stupid and maybe guobin as in me. Haha.). He tried to pay attention but his mind drifted off after a while due to the difficult maths questions he first encountered. I can understand. I am like that too, that's why I say he resembles guobin.

The syllabus isn't too difficult for me to handle. Phew! I like teaching him maths as I can just teach him after skimming through the pages and all the stuff just came out like snapping fingers. LOL. However, he showed little interest in maths as compared to english. But hey, english is not my forte!

I have some ideas for my 4D numbers again! The stupid agency gave me an invalid unit number and made me searched the whole storey. I shall place a bet soon. LOOY, shine on me plsss...

I love this assignment because I could sleep and wake up like 20 mins before hand, idle around and then slowly make my way for tuition since it is just next block! Wonderful.

I went out feeling grouchy for tuition partly because I just woke up and heard undesirable stuff from my mom. She insisted I should not have any tuition because I am busy, I should not tired myself out and bombarded me with tonnes of questions like if I am badly in need of money, how many times a week and what level and yadder, yadder, yadder. I just shot off, "你可以不要问这样多吗?" I'm sorry to have said that but it really pisses me off whenever she assumes and eventually reminds me of the pressure from school work and everything. I know she means well but I don't like that. I mean my engine friends can juggle school work with tuition, with CCAs and with many things, why can't I? She finds study late into the night a taboo and like... whao... so late! She's making a mountain out of a molehill. She's making me paranoid. She doesn't know it is very common and she's just making a big fuss out of it. Hai... Yah, I know she means well. But, I just don't like that.

Lastly, will anyone enlighten me?
1) She feels embarrassed or 2) She feels embarrass?

I cannot remember my fundamental! This is something good when you give tuitions as it helps you to recap your basic. Engine just erodes your english fundamental.