Thursday, April 26, 2007

Yucks.

Lappy is home! I seriously recommend whoever is reading this NOT to get Acer laptop. On top of my agony, I think their customer service at the service center ain't good. They aren't polite in the first place and neither are they professional. I could have conned them and now the T loan laptop could be with me still. He was so stunned when I took out the T loan laptop to return. He looked at me blankly. And I muttered, "T loan". Then he knew what happened. He took over and asked for the adaptor. I replied " I din take any adaptor when I borrowed." He went "Ermm..", thinking of how to verify that. I told him to check the invoice. ADAPTOR had been deleted with a counter signature. Hey, I am telling him all the procedure? If I am nasty enough, I could have kept quiet and not return that laptop. If they called I could have told them I have returned! They gotta believe me as I would have signed the received form. But nah... that is too evil. The two inexperience youngsters would have gotten themselves into deep shit. And like what my mom mom always inculcates, you won't get any richer by gaining from someone like that. I wish the two rookies good luck and hope they will not meet some nasty customer some day.

But really, the lady who called me was really apt to be a customer service officer. She suggested that the compay could do a trade in for me with my laptop at $700 should I be interested in getting a new one and can't wait any longer during the course of the repair. When I bargained with her, she tried to be so personal and said that she could add on the remaining warranty to the new one just for me. She was totally convincing when the idea of getting ACER again struck me. WHY should I get acer again? I told her that honestly. And she went, come on, please give us a chance. That sent us laughing. Hahaha. When I questioned her about this sudden trade-in, she replied earnestly that it was for customer satisfaction. The two words sounded soooo... cool. Neh... I am not going to be fooled. Hence, she offered a T-loan option which I thought was the best way out after seeking opinions from friends and family. The next day, I happened to pass by Acer HQ and I called her to see if I could get it on that day so that I did not have to make another trip down. When I called, the T-loan wasn't ready but she was helpful enough to make it ready that afternoon after I told her that I would be in the area till evening. I could sense her 'customer service' more than the repair assistant whom I met on the first day; the customer service operator whom I called to check my laptop was ready and he replied with a 'Ya' when I told him that they were taking toooo long to repair my laptop; and lastly the two rookies at the collection counter. They ought to learn from her. These newbies or oldies who have no sense of customer service.

They have come out with a new product which is a mini size PC, I think. On the ad it said... eveyone agrees, it is small. (Something like that) Seriously, I wasn't in any bit, appealed.