SL.
Yesterday, I went down to Sim Lim (SL) to source for the necessary parts. I came to this shop and I showed the shopkeeper my list of parts.
Shopkeeper: UA72LS1234...
(Search high & Low)
Shopkeeper: 没有leh. ICs 你要等星期一到星期五才有。今天很多店没有开。
Me: HUH?!
(My heart sank.)
Me: Then 你给我 resistors 和 capacitors lor.
Shopkeeper: 也没有
My jaws dropped and my heart sank deeper.
Me: (thinking) Die liao, that means I cannot complete my circuit and my head is gonna roll on Monday. And they will surely think what the hell has this intern been doing. One week gone, and no circuit done. Siao liao. JGL liao lor.
I decided to try other shops as I just did not want to leave SL empty handed just like that. The other shops sold other items EXCEPT ICs. My heart sank further. I managed to get my LEDs from a shop and I thought that was better than nothing. And OMG, I did not know LEDs were so costly! 80 cents for ONE LED! I felt so guilty blowing so many of them last semester and last week while "trying" to idle my time away. LEDs were free as after all there were an unlimited supply from the lab (last sem).
I decided that I would only leave SL after I had asked each and every shop. And if each and every shop had no ICs, then fine, I would have no choice but to leave.
皇天不负苦心人,alas, I found a shop which was selling ICs.
Me: 你有卖ICs吗?
Shopkeeper: 有
Me: 你有这些吗?(Show her the list)
Shopkeeper: 有。
Me: capacitors or resistors leh?
Shopkeeper: 有! 什么鬼都有。
Wheeeeeee.... I like the way she answered me. LOL.
So, I finally completed my circuit this morning, spending like 2 hours on it. Compared to the circuit I built last sem, this was a lot easier. Heng ar, my head won't have to roll tomorrow.