This week.
I have so much to say and so many things to complain. Yet, I don't know where to start.
.ponder.
.wonder.
.
.
.
Let me start with a farewell dinner for my project group mate. He is a foreigner from Burma so we brought him to try our authentic local food at you-know-where... Chomp Chomp. Hahaha. That was because when I asked an information counter where to get nice local food besides chomp chomp and Lau Pat Sat, she replied," Chomp Chomp is the only place I know." Duh... Nevertheless, I heed her advice. As usual, my another local project mate and I spread the table with local food. Yummmyyy. My foreign friend liked the stingray and satay among the fried kway tiow, popian, hokkien mee, rojak, carrot cake and chwee kway. What made my another friend and I so glad was that he told us that it was his very first time to really try our local food after studying in singapore for 2 years. But too bad, he would be leaving soon for france for 2 or 3 years before coming back again. We had a good chat that night. Although 3 of us had come together to do a project for merely a sem, we had so much to catch up. We had enjoyed doing the project together. There are people whom I know for years but yet, when we see each other we have nothing to talk and worse, I don't even bother to put in the effort to meet them. Perhaps, this is what I called - 话不投契,半句多
But my heart sank when they touched on the topic on SEP! Urgh... They were like saying, "come on, you should go for SEP, it's a student's life!" One will be leaving for France and the other will be leaving for Canada 1 sem later. When I told them about the expenses which detered me from going, my friend said that the expenses were not that high. And he added that around 8K would be enough. Gosh. Different people really have different rulers in them. 8K is really 8K to me but to them, perhaps 8K is like 800 bucks? Sigh...
Next, it's my intern. Sian. It has been a torturing week. And a week seems like a month to me! I have nothing to do most of the time and yet, I must pretend that I have something to do. That's really really really tough for someone who ain't the wayang kind. And as if that wasn't enough, my monitor came in such a wide screen so much so that whenever I do something illegal like MSN, the whole world would know! I had to force myself to wayang under circumstances and yucks, I hate that.
They wanted me to get a circuit done but they did not provide me with the necessary stuff! What the hell! I have no wire stripper, I have no pliers, I have no tools! And they want me to wire up with bare hands? Fortunately, I knew some poeple there already and sourcing for those things I need ain't much of a problem. Except those unfamiliar ones, they promised they would give the item to me but they never did. This is interpseronal communication effectiveness, I guess. And gosh, I realise my deadline is up for the circuit and I have better do it quickly. I better go down to sim lim tower to source for my parts soon.
I was so bloody pissed today. This is definitely an act of miscommunication and it is through no fault of mine. My email said I should report at 8.30 and that Ms XXX will be incharged of all my activities in the company. On the first day, Ms XXX wasn't ready to pass me the project so the manager assigned me to another fellow. He needed to shift machines and so he needed help. And so, I helped. Next day, Ms XXX was ready and she passed me everything to do and so I worked on that for the next few days and occasionally helped him. He called today and asked why I haven't been telling him what I have been doing and that I did not report my movement to him- as in, I go home whenever I like. What irked me was that he said I was like transparent. I guess he wanted to say I treated him as if he was transparent. And so, I told him I told Ms XXX. He said, I should tell him everything and not having him to call me and ask. But I told him, I have already told Ms XXX and that the HR email said that she would be in charged of all my activites. He doubted as he claimed that he did not receive it (Of course he didn't! Why should he receive?) and said he wanted to check it out. I told him I could show him the email. Yadder Yadder... I think he sensed that he had a made a mistake and pretended to be Mr Nice saying that he wanted me to at least learn something and not go back without learning any. And that he hope I would get a good grade. I was thinking I would it's gonna be S/U. There is no ABC for my grade but anyway, he need not know so much. And so I pretended to be "Mr nice" to Mr Nice as well. I told him I am okay anytime he needed my help. Hence, we did not end off with a fight but with a peaceful ending as if we really wanted the best for each other. WTF. Do I really mean that? *Shake head. I hate myself. Urgh.