Friday, August 03, 2007

At LAST.

If you have seen me on MSN today, you would have noticed the above title. LAST = last day of work! YAY!!! I was really elated today. Not only is it Friday (TGIF), it's my last day! I wasn't very honest in my report and as you know, due to obvious reasons, I can't include facts in my report. Hence, here are the hidden truth:

1. I counted down since 2 weeks ago. I showed hand signals to my colleagues indicating it was 2 weeks left, 1 week left, 5,4,3,2,1... My skype nicks were customised for my count down: "Three more days left. Woohoo." ; "Toowhoohoo... TWOwhoohoo" ; "Super Number ONE" and finally "At LAST".

2. Teabreak was a sneaky affair. I met the VP in the pantry for at least 2 times. Nobody said I could go for teabreak. But I did.

3. I declared my lunch break to be 2 hrs since they did not tell me how long it should be. Hence, I self-proclaimed that I had the best welfare among all my fellow interns. The company has not stopped me from doing so. I assumed that they approved of it.

4. Towards the end of the intern and during most parts of my intern, my daily routine was: early in the morning, listen to FM, then check emails, say mornings to all my MSN friends, then daze/act busy and wait for lunch. Lunch come back, wait for go home.

5. When I felt bored, I would sneak to the production area to chat with the fellow operators and stroll up and down the production floor. I felt more discreet in that area as I was covered from head to toe. I was not easily recognised.

6. I almost become autistic had I stayed in the office all day long. It was a place filled with unfamiliar and unfriendly faces. Thankfully, I have friends to chat with in the test floor. There was human touch.

7. I spoke to my supervisor less than 5 mins in a week. I see him this minute, but he disappeared the next. I had to sit in the office all day long just to wait for a chance to talk to him. I once approached him at 10am. He told me he would look for me as he was busy at the moment. He looked me up at 5 plus pm. Thankfully, I wasn't asking him to save my life, else I would not have lived to type these.

8. Never tell a vendor you are an attachment student. You lose your credibility. The vendor doesn't give a damn about you and will give you empty promises. He only listens to the boss. Small fry is not entertained.

9. Chocolates do wonder. The comments on my daily logsheet changes from 'On target' to 'Good' after my sup received the empire chocolates. No changes were necessary for my report - a contrast to the previous one. Feedback were excellent and good. Report was quickly endorsed and returned in minutes.

10. I was impartial. I kept the last empire chocolate. I wanted to give to the VP but he left early. Anyway, I merely spoke to him for 3 times. But he was the one who approved of my intern. Too bad, is only I can say.

11. I kapo all the stationary since the HR did not bother to collect them back.

12. Engineering is really not for girls. Not MCP but reality.

13. I was a bit sad to bid farewell to people but I was really happy that I would be leaving.

14. The forgotten intern. My supervisor asked me when I would be leaving yesterday. The HR only knew I would be leaving this morning when I told him I need to return the stuff. Leaving after 2 (if I dare) was not a problem because no one will notice my absence. The engineers I hang out with encouraged me to do so when I told them I was dying of boredom.

15. The QA PA would email me and say: TEA BREAK AT 4.30, even though she was just sitting next to me.

16. The QA PA would MSN me and tell me: 5.45 eh, don't be late. Hence, we are always on time for home. HOME SWEET HOME. When the bosses were around, we would alert each other and bitch about them when they were not.

17. The QA PA and I would jump and shout 'It's Friday woohoo!' every friday when we stepped out of the company. We just did one last one today. It rocked the whole JTC.

18. The QA PA and I would frown on monday and every other day. I would say "penat" (tired) and she would reply, "sangat penat" (very tired).

19. Most engineers are stingy. I can't stand them.

20. In my report, I subconsciously told the truth and the sup has probably missed the line - I've learnt through self-discovery. Or perhaps, it did not make much of an impact on him. It did on me.

21. I did not know I love fridays so much until this intern.

22. The school does not teach useful and practical skills necessary for the outside world.

23. I was never late for my work. I was always on time for knock off.

24. I don't carry a bag to work because going home was more convenient. No one knows you are going home.

25. I find that I can't communicate with my sup. Literally, he learnt visual basic while I learn C++. Maybe that's why.

26. The whole project I undertook was not completed because the vendors are still fabricating. The whole project could be completed in less than 2 months if not for hicupps here and there and my overly ambitious boss.

27. The engineer incharged of my activites is a beautiful filippino. She has a child although she is only a year older than me. Her husband sat beside her in the office. They are a perfect match.

28. People there become parents at an early age. A 20 years old guy has 2 children already.

29. I drank at least 2 litres of water a day when I stayed in the office the whole day. That was my past time.

30. Be your own boss.