An eventful yesterday.
I guess you have heard about the MRT disruption yesterday. I was one of the passengers desperately looking for a cab. I wouldn't have bothered if I was attending a lecture. But I was on my way to school to solicit again. I needed some witnesses for that event. It was such a pain in the arse to get a neutral party for the event. Fortunately, a kind lecturer had agreed to do it. I had got to catch her before she went for lecture.
I joined the long queue in the wait. When it was my turn, three taxis rejected me in a row. I thought they were going to change shift as they refused to take me to school (out of the way). But my dad told me they refused to take me because they did't want to get stuck in the AYE jam. They want to send passengers to chua chu kang or somewhere there isn't any jam and would guarantee them a next passenger.
Just when I was about to wait further, a nice lady approached me and offered me a ride as she was waiting for her husband to pick her up. She was going to NUH and she overheard that I was going to NUS. We had a really long and nice chat while waiting for her husband to turn up. I told her about my China Trip while she told me about her life as a retiree, her daughters and her medical appointment. I did not feel as if she was a stranger to me, but I felt she was my friend. She was really, really nice.
Her husband finally turned up. He took really long, but I shouldn't be complaining since it was a free ride and that it saved me 20++ bucks of taxi fare. Her husband seemed nice but not exactly that nice. He didn't seem very displease with my presence but he did not seem pleased either. During the journey, they were talking about deep stuff - current affairs to be exact. I like the way her husband explained the traffic jam - maybe the police was doing regular check to please the old man. haha. They talked about the demonstrations in Tibet due to the Olympics. They talked about how much promises when they bought over Li Jiawei. They talked about the Olympics that was held in I-can't-remember-where and how it had affected the country politically. They speak really fluent english. I did not enjoy talking to her husband as much as talking to the lady. I don't know why.
In the later part, more things cropped up. I had no witnesses for my eventful, because one was down, one was uncontactable and the lecturer had left for her lecture. I ran the whole show (illegal). In addition, a lecturer sent an email to complain (but he claimed he isn't complaining) that we did not have a proper documentation.
Well, at least I'm glad a good Samaritan has contributed one eventful event amid the uneventful ones. I hope Linda would recover from Hep B soon because she has a good heart.