Saturday, April 05, 2008

Solicit.

How lecturers say "no" to donation.

"Sorry, I can't!"

"I don't know and have not heard about the club, so I won't donate." (the club office is just 4 storey below his office)

"How do you prove that the money will go to the poor?" (We will send you a report after the charity work) "No, the report is no use."

"I'm from that place and I have been donating."

"NO."

"It's not that I don't want to donate. Last time, there was this club, which claimed that they will deliver something to me after I make a donation, did not give me anything until now!" (SO he is donating because of that SOMETHING.)

While some refused, some are a little kinder. They took out a TWO dollars note after giving the two poor solicitors a long lecture. $2 = 0.02% of their salary?

I hate solicitng donation as much as they hate me. I can't really blame them though. It's just too bad we have a tad too many scams - The tales of the APNN and the Monk. I really can't prove that the money will help the children directly. I can only ensure that 100% goes to the person-in-charge. But ultimately, if he decides to build a golden tap in his office, I will not be able to do anything because I will never know. I guess when you want to make a donation now, you can only hope for the better and trust the person-in-charge of that organization.