Sunday, October 25, 2009

CSS.

Many people think that my secondary school is a medicore neighbourhood school. I get kind of disturbed by my tutee's mother.

Tutee's mother to tutee: Guobin is from serangoon secondary school, ask him how he get all A1s.
Me: I am not from serangoon secondary school.
Tutee to mother: He must be from RI.
Me: No, I am not from RI. I am from commonewealth secondary school.
Tutee's mother to tutee: Commonwealth sec. Ask him how he gets all Aces.
Me: .......

First of all, I did not get all Aces. And why did she make it sound like people from CSS who gets all Aces are amazing??? My school has a number of straight aces (at least from my batch), fyi. AND, you don't need to be from RI to get all aces. Also, it does not imply that all RI students get all aces.

I love and hate the way people have the perception of my sec school. Many people think that it is just any other neighbourhood school. But in actual fact, it is an autonomous school which most of us loves. I like the way how people are oblivious of its presence but those who know it are well aware that it is more than a neighbourhood school. That's the CSS, I love.

PS: It was ranked #21 last year. source: http://www.scribd.com/doc/7759351/Ranking-of-Secondary-Schools