Saturday, April 29, 2006

我要推荐。

I had a good dinner just now at this Sembawang eating house. It is along Sembawang Rd. It's like any other "Zi Char" stalls in the neighbouring coffeeshops but the food it serves is wonderful. There is a variety of food for you to choose from the menu. The menu not only covers all the dishes you can find at any other seafood stalls, it also serves its specialties.

I had "Salad Dough Sticks" which is a must-order whenever I dine out with my family. I love this dish. The one serves here is quite the same as the others that I have tried before but the difference is that it has rich fillings of sotong paste. In many places, the fillings were in small portion and it's like eating normal dough sticks. It had a little "Ar Char" by the side as garnishment, hence I guess that's why it is not supposed to taste very well. Overall, the salad dough sticks are chewy in the inside and crispy on the outside and it tastes complete with a dip of mayonese sauce. =======Tasty level: 3 stars=========

The "Luo Han Veggie" or otherwise known as "Zhar Cai" which is a dish of mixed vegetable is quite authentic. It has no prawns or meat added to make it seems value for money. It contains strictly of 18 kinds (I think... Luo han what) of vegetables. I am not a veggie lover so I only pick the mushrooms and mock abalone to eat. Nothing very speacial but the appearance is appealing though. ==========Tasty level: 2 stars==============

The "Pork Ribs" is a must try dish. It is different from any other pork ribs that I have eaten in other places. It is wrapped in aluminium foil and the aroma is obvious when the foil is torn open. It is not the usual meaty kind of pork ribs you will normally get. It comes in real big bony portions with little meat though. I supposed this is how the real pork ribs should look like but in order to cater to the taste and preference of picky Singaporeans, stallholders have to use pork chop or meaty portion to substitute the real "Pork ribs". This one is really pork RIBS. Although the bones takes much of the attention, the pork ribs are fried to its maximum crisp and a small portion of meat on the bony ribs promises you the maximum satisfaction. The sweet and sour sauce on the ribs is thick and the combination of the meat and the sauce gives you a great fulfilment. Some people may find it too sour, albeit that, a must try dish. ==============Tasty level: 4 stars============

The last dish is the "Deep fried Shi Ban fish". This appearence is really really nice. The fish is deep fried until it curled up like a struggling fish trying to escape from the hook of its predator. It catches the attention of the eater at the moment when it is served. It's golden brown crispy meat ensures a crispy sound effect the moment you try to dissect the fish. The meat was soft and "Q". This shows how fresh it is! Perhaps, the reason is that it was fresh out of tank. In contrast, the gravy was light and it tastes perfect with the fish. A must try dish too.
==============Tasty Level: 4 stars=============

The dishes are not pricy and they charge like any other eating house which serves "ZI Char". If you are driving there (Which I think you should), fear not of no parking space. The parking is free and easy with a man guiding you with a torch light as you reverse (Service mah!). A small minus point is that some mosquitoes come kissing you as darkness falls. Another down side is that the place is not very accessible as the address suggests... "SUM BA" wang. Haha. However, please note that there are two eating houses down there serving seafood delights and I am recommending the one with the signboard 1036. As for the other one, named 1038 (because of the address), I will review next time after I try it.