Can you believe it?
I was supposed to have a 2 hrs programming practical exam today. Tentatively, it should start at 1830hrs sharp. However, it started only at around 20 00 hrs. There were so many hicupps. The connect was down and we had to try so many donkey times to log in. When we finally did, the program which we always use for programming was down! It could not delete. It could not enter. It could not do anything! At first, the teaching assistants even suggested using wordpad to do our programming. Faint! We might as well use micrsoft words! Wouldn't that sound nicer?! Later on, we were told to switch to another program. Oh my! It was the first time we use this program. We were so unfamiliar with it. The more you did something, the more you felt so fustrated. My friend had to close and open three programs consecutively and that resulted in him typing the same thing over and over again. He felt like smashing the whole system. The lab teaching assistants could not do anything either. They were busy running around, like mad. The new program sucks. There was no line numbering. Whenever you compile, the warning said that error at line 112 for instance, you have to estimate where the error was! Can you imagine there were 200 over lines! This was madness. After doing for half an hour or so, the connection was broken again. Luckily, I was trying to submit my work, hence I did not lose any unsave work. But some people did lose theirs. Hence, the lecturer came in and extended the time to 21 15 hrs. I utilised that precious time to go toilet. Heng ar! I came back from the toilet, the connect was still not back yet. Then again, some lucky minority was not affected. I felt so fustrated doing the whole practical. In the midst, I was communicating with my friend beside me. It was good to have someone you know sitting beside me. However, he was of not much help. He did not know how to do many of the questions too. Boo.... However, we were cursing and swearing at the system together. After that, we could not submit! The program for submitting was down. The time was extended to 21 30 hrs but the program used for submitting was still not up! Without a choice, we were told to leave our file in the system. The retrieval would be done by the teaching staff. I think this was really embarassing for SOC - the school of computing. Computing, I repeat. Can you believe it that the whole exam took 3 hrs instead of 2. I do expect many people to complain in the forum soon. And I hoope they will mark super leniently beacuse of all these. Honestly speaking, I could not do most of the questions, as usual. I hope this is a blessing in disguise.