我有意见。
Today, I went to Sembawang Rd to have dinner again. This time I went to the one next to 1036. By the way, I need to correct an error. On the earlier post, I stated the other eating house is 1038, it should be 1018. Yes, I tried that just now. I personally do not, I repeat, I do not recommend going to this eating house for dinner. Here are my evaluations:
As usual, "salad dough sticks". The dough stick was stuffed generously with sotong paste. For a moment, you may think that it is good. But they overdid it such that the huge amount of sotong paste stole away the limelight of the dough sticks. The dough sticks were supposed to be the hightlight, but in the end, I thought I was eating sotong balls! Not only that, the fillings caused the dough sticks to look so bloaty and the appearance no longer appeal. The timing during the fry was not managed properly such that the "dough balls" became rubbery in the inside and hard instead of crispy on the outside. The small little serving of the mayonnese just made me want to ask for more. Pathetic, I would say.
=============Tasty Level: 1 star===================
The next dish I had was "Tie Ban Dou Fu". There was simply too much gravy. The bean sauce was too strong and it had covered the natural taste of the beancurd and the egg. Nothing special and worth mentioning.
=============Tasty Level: 1 star===================
Next, it was the "claypot duck with sea cucumber". I have never like such stuff. I only had a few mouthful of it, and that was all. The duck was stewed and the cucumber was the usual rubbery. I only knew that it was definitely not worth the money. With a few slices of sea cucumbers, they charged it at $18.
=============Tasty Level: 1/2 star==================
The last dish was the "steamed shi ban fish" in Teochew style. I thought the fish was not very fresh as the meat did not give me a tinge of sweetness. If it did, it should be fresh. Disappointing. It cost a whooping $28. Not worth it.
=============Tasty Level: 1 star====================
Overall, it should not be a preferred choice over the earlier one (1036) that I have recommended. Like the earlier, it has an abundant of parking lots but there is no uncle with a torchlight to guide you when you are parking (Not as if my father needs one anyway, but that is a form of service and a plus point you see). As a comparism, they did not offer a wider variety than its competitor. Some points were also deducted because of an irritating fly which appeared during my dinner. The only plus points were from the auntie who took the order. She recommended dishes to us, whereas the earlier did not. I think they deserve some recognition in this area. Bravo.