Saturday, May 13, 2006

Pride.

When you have no money and when you are a nobody, I don't think you should talk about P.R.I.D.E. How far can pride bring you? Even if you are somebody, it does not mean you can talk about pride. Look at stefanie sun. She wanted to be a waitress in the western country when she was on a break! (Although the key word is WANTED, at least she had that intention) There are people who talk to me about backbone and about pride, when they are neither rich nor popular. Hahaha. Just joking lah. No offence. I said this because someone told me, I have no pride working as a packer in a factory. My mom mom nags at me for not looking for an admin job and hence came back all tired everyday (Serve me right in other words). My brother always teases me for being a factory worker. It's all right, I think. To say I am not at all bother, it's all nonsense and decieving myself. Yes, at first I feel quite awkward working in the factory. However, I have gotten used to it after one or two days. However, I still hate to wear the smock and the shoes provided. It's damn(X 100) troublesome. I had to remove them and wear my own shoes very time I go to the toilet or lunch break. Some staff in the clean room even had themselves wrap from head to toe. The only thing I can see is their eyes and trust me, they look like ninjas in white.

There is this engineer in the clean room who has the same english name as me. What a concident. I see myself as a ninja too, few years down the road. I would prefer in tie, long sleeves shirt and leather shoes sitting in the cubicle all the time in future, really. Oh man, he is just a mirror of the future me.

Overall, I think this job is not very tough or energy consuming unlike the one I worked for three days last holiday. That job was so horrendous and it had certainly exploited the workers with its uber low pay and heavy work load. All in all, that was a coolie job. In contrast, this one requires me to stand all the way (Damn suan lah, my legs! Now, I have iron legs), consumes a certain amount of energy and requires much memory! There are many procedures you need to remember. For instance, when you unpack a carton of goods, you need to first indicate its out of the shelf in the system and you need to check the quantity again and again as the goods are expensive (I don't know how expensive though). After unpacking, you need to check every microchips is on each tray and you have to handle them with care. After that, you need to record down the quantity and ID numbers etc etc. I would say that the company works in a very systematic order. The location of every single good is keyed into the system and finding the goods is easy. The working environment is quite okay as it is air conditioned throughout the factory. The only thing is that there is no pretty girls there although there are quite many girls. Majority of them are MLXYR and ZGR. I am beginning to adopt their accents soon.

So much for pride. *Roll eyes. Anyway, I think pride is about your ability and efficiency. When you have the ability and have done something big that people thought you can't posssibly done it, that is pride! You surprised everyone with your hidden ability and they respect and admire you from then on, that is pride. You work your way from the bottom all the way to the top, eg from a small little labourer to a senior executive or even a CEO, that is pride! When you are a freshie and you want to become a manager or someone who fetches big bucks right away, that is nonsense! I would say if you do, that is luck. I always believe in hardwork plus luck.

In conclusion, you can only have a little bit of pride or you can talk about pride when you are filthy rich and people are working for you. If you are one now, congrats, you have the "pride".