我要再推荐。
Today, my family and I went to 1036 to have dinner. This time, it is a wide spread since it is supposed to be a pre-mothers' day celebration. I ordered the same dishes recommended earlier since my bro and aunt have not tried them before. They are namely: luo han veggie (2 stars), salad doughsticks(3stars), deep fried jing mu lu(4stars) and sweet and sour pork ribs in aluminium foil(4stars). Today, I would like to recommend the following dishes:
---Sweet & Sour Crab---
The sauce was too bland. The chefs were so stingy with the eggs used. The flower crabs were small and the meat was not sweet. I had a hard time cracking all the shell and clearing the much leftovers of this dish.I would recommend the chef's recommendation - butter crab. Although I have yet to try it, I think it would be much better than this one, prepared in sweet and sour. In addition, the fried buns we ordered, were not crispy enough. I guessed they did not fry them long enough.
====Tasty Level: 1 star ====
---Deep fried beancurb---
This was one of the chef's recommendations. It was expectedly soft in the inside and crispy on the outside but it did not make it a novelty dish. Like many other places, they failed to differentiate themselves. However, they managed to maintain the standard and comparable to others offered elsewhere.
====Tasty Level: 3 stars ====
---Crispy squid---
This should be a special dish served here. The squids in sweet sauce look soft and rubbery on the plate but when you send them into your mouth, they surprised you. They were as crunchy as ikan bilis. It should be a thumb up for squid lovers.
====Tasty Level: 3 stars ====
---Deer meat with ginger and spring onion---
The deer meat was tender and juicy. The gravy was just right, not too bland and not too thick. A common dish worthed a try.
====Tasty Level: 3.5 stars ===
Despite certain dishes which are below average, I think it is still worth the money to dine at this place.
Disclaimer: I am not related (in any way) to the towkay of this zi char stall.