Saturday, May 20, 2006

Home Alone.

I did something I dreaded all along today. Doing laundry. I hate doing laundry. You need to wash all the clothes and then wait till they are washed and then hang them, clip them and wait for them to dry and then iron those needed to be ironed. It's so tedious. And it's such a pain especially when my mom mom still insists on using washing board and scrub. She claimed that relying solely on washing machine to wash clothes isn't clean enough and she will scrub the garments before sending them into the washing machine. How traditional can she be, I would often lament. No one uses a washing board anymore. I think I told her umpteen times but she still holds on to her principle. I used her tried and tested way today since the laundry has piled up. It gave me a backache. I wonder how she did it so very often! By the way, she went out of town for a holiday and my dad and bro could not give a damn about the household chores. Poor me. I have an additional job now - homemaker. It was as if I was not fed up enough, my kaypo neighbour had stopped by the living room window when she happened to pass by. She was enjoying the sight of me ironing clothes. Of course, she gave some stupid comments such as those bitchy compliments for doing household chores and yadder yadder. I just ignored her totally and almost shut the window right before her nose. It was as if she never see people iron clothes before! In the evening, my auntie had to add on to the fire in me. She kind of did a spot check to see if I have done the laundry. OMG, whoelse had my mum informed to say I will be doing the laundry while she is away? I am going to say her when she comes back. Why had I become in charged of the laundry while she is away? Come to think of it, I don't even do my laundry when I was in the army, not even in BMT. Li hai ba. I would often bring back a field bag full of dirty clothes and then booked in with a bag full of clean clothes. My friends would book in with a bag full of goodies instead. See... how I dread doing laundry. I suddenly miss mum... Mom mom please come back soon, I don't want to do laundry anymore!