A Comeback.
It has been a long long while since my last entry. A prank has been played and now the culprit has revealed herself. It makes me become more alert with what I say for I never know who's reading this right now. It's your birthday earlier on, so don't worry, no grudges as I always forgive (Although I don't forget). Hahaha. Anyway, I bear in mind you had your retribution, so that kinda of write-off everything. Culprit, you know who you are. *Wink. But at least I can crap on with ease for I see the light now.
I wanted to blog in chinese but nah... it's too much a hassle. Not that my chinese is bad okay, just that I am not used to typing in han yu pin ying. And I have so much to say, typing in chinese will take donkey years for me to finish what I want to say.
It has been a rare night tonight. A class gathering with a turnout of more than 10 (Always remember that a gathering, particularly, a class gathering with more than 10 is considered as successful). I guess everyone is busy or are they? Tonight... The questions for debate... Is punctuality not important? "Because everyone WILL be late... so I shall (purposely) be late." Do latecomers appear more glam by making a late entrance? Or is it a principle of an individual? I don't know. Is that what Ah Yan has taught us? Sadly, no. She hates latecomers. Never mind, you don't understand what I am talking about. Just some thoughts scattered here and there. Piece them up, if you could. I would not say it's fun but I see it as a time to catch up with one another. OR is it a time to talk cock? "What are you doing now" seems to be the common question. Is it just asking or is it really interested to know? Still my fave phrase - 话不投契,半句多。It only makes me feel drifted away and seems to be a world of difference. I would appreciate only a small but right crowd even it's a drink or two. I believe in quality and not quantity.
Below is the entry that should have been published weeks ago, but due to one reason or another, here are some "UPDATES":
End Of Work
Yes, I have finally stopped working. It has been an eye opener and it is definitely a fulfilling one. I would not say the nature of the job is difficult, rather I feel that it requires caution. Thay have a system that resembles a billboard or 龙虎榜. If anyone does anything wrongly, anyone is free to catch him and put his name on this excelsheet. The mistake(s) he comitted will be noted and the name of the person who caught him will also be stated. At the end of the week, the QA(I think she is the quality controller) will chart out the result and the person who makes the most mistakes will top the chart. Exciting ya? On the contrary to the billboard, everyone fears to top the chart! This is not a GAME anyway, let me emphasize. Everyone can access the excelsheet, yes, and even the director. Hence, you will understand why your pay increment or your bonus is unsatisfactory when the time comes. It seems to be a flawless system introduced by the company in order to improve the quality of their products by reducing careless acts by their staff. However, this system becomes very unhealthy when everyone is trying to get back at one another. It is a natural human behaviour, I guess. You catch me, so I catch you back. It sounds childish but many a time, we do that. Revenge only begets revenge. You will laugh when you see mistakes like "forget to countersign when cancelling off", "use blue pen instead of black pen to write". The mistakes become so silly and trivial. Instead of putting effort in the work, the effort is directed in catching the mistakes of others. And worst of all, finding gritty things to catch. Sigh~I find that every job has something for you to explore into and often, you learn something regardless of the scope of the job. Be it a small little factory worker like what I have worked as or even some positions like HR assistant that might appeal to many people, there are sure something for you and for me to learn and an experience gained. You will also get to see how treacherous human beings are and the amazing human relationship you see but yet a form of illusion. Most of the time, it is not what your eyes see. When you see two persons chatting happily and sharing jokes, it does not necessarily mean they are good friends. They are only "good" friends. You know who you should not blabber things to, or else the next thing you know - the whole company (Or even the whole world) knows what happened to you. Yes, it's so scary. Words are the scariest weapon.Through this job, yes again, I have made some (In fact quite a lot) friends whom I could get along with and I know who to look for the next time I visit Malaysia. The list of friends/contacts just add on. These are the people I wish to stay in contact with and those who have offended me in one way or another - sorry. I just hold on to my belief - I forgive but I don't forget.On my last day of work, unhappiness and grudges were placed aside. A treat of Sakae Sushi and Golden Pillow to many, further substantiated my claim - I forgive but I don't forget. However, it was a joy to see the sense of fulfilment in all as they devoured the delicacy.
A Nation Connects
The celebration becomes so standard over the years such that it's always sing song, then parade then the arrival of the Minister, then president then parade then sing song again and lastly fireworks. You kind of know what is going to happen although you have not seen the programme booklet. Watching it at home may have reduced much of the atmosphere as compared to watching live. Talking about "live", the last time I watch it was when I was in primary one. (So loooong ago) Next year, should I apply for the ticket, I should be given the piority! Nevertheless, I think it was a great performance considering the major planning and the large amount of effort put into this celebration. Seeing my foreign colleagues, I really feel proud and happy to be a singaporean. (No Sar Kar here, ok) I say this from the bottom of my heart. Although they often complain this and that about singapore, I can't see how great their countries have offered them. If that is the case, why did they choose to work over here? It's 你情我愿. If you are so unsatisfied, then the door is left open for you.
Lastly, two years ago, on this fateful day, I was doing my extra! (Thanks to Lau San)
A Gathering
I went for a small gathering with my colleagues and found out that they will be cutting the pay of the new btach of temp staff and with controlled OT as well. So turn-off! It has thus convinced me not to go back there to work. However, it's just one of the reasons why I have the thought of not returning back the next holiday should I have the opportunity. I feel that while I am still 'temping', I should try various kind of jobs as I believe every new job has something new to offer me and something for me to discover. Although it's true that 做生不如做熟, I wpuld prefer a new environment and a new challenge. The gathering includes a sumptous meal at Sizzler, arcade, pool and KTV. The best enjoyment is to go out with the correct crowd. No matter how fun the entertainment is, the wrong crowd will just dampen your mood.
No Time
I have successfully bidded for the modules I want and I hope I will have no regets. There seem so many things I want to do and before I know it, 3 more days left for school! I have been on the book - Memoirs of the Geisha. It's very interesting and I promise there is no moment of boredom. I haven't regretted renting the book. It's definitely worth it. Coincidentally, I saw a module on Samurai, Geisha and Yakuza offered this sem. Sad to say, none of my friends are interested. Hence, I have to make do with others.
School has started. I can't imagine the life in school for another 3 years. I find it damn difficult to focus nowadays. Have I been out of touch with books for a long time? 明天会更好。
I hope I have quenched you guys on your thirst for you last heard me months ago. Thank you for your support and effort to waste your time reading. Thank you, for I guess you are interested, I hope.